Smile 2 Release Date Set for Paramount’s Upcoming Horror Sequel Movie

Forum 7 months ago

Smile 2 Release Date Set for Paramount’s Upcoming Horror Sequel Movie

Paramount has set the Smile 2 release date for the upcoming horror movie sequel.

When is the Smile 2 theatrical release date?

The Smile 2 release date is set for October 18, 2024. It’s a fittingly spooky release date as it comes out right before Halloween. The original film grossed over $217 million worldwide and brought in $105 million domestically. Director Parker Finn will continue. The cast is to be determined.

Finn told ComingSoon about the potential of a sequel in an interview last year.

“Never in a million years did I think that people were going to be asking me for another one of these movies, which is amazing! I think there’s a lot of exciting stuff that could be done in the world of Smile. There’s are a lot of corners that I purposely left unexplored and things that I wish I could have done in the first one, but there just wasn’t room to do,” said Finn. “That would be really exciting. What I think is really important about Smile is the character story at the center of it and how the emotionality and the themes of the character are so tied into what’s happening. And that’s really important, I think, that if there was ever a consideration for a more Smile, that that would be part of what it’s doing and that it would feel … maybe unexpected from what we experienced in the first movie. Another film might do something that feels totally different yet is uniquely Smile at the same time.”

Smile was written and directed by Parker Finn. It stars Sosie Bacon, Jessie T. Usher, Kyle Gallner, Caitlin Stasey, Kal Penn, and Rob Morgan. The film will be available digitally on November 15 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

“After witnessing a bizarre, traumatic incident involving a patient, Dr. Rose Cotter starts experiencing frightening occurrences that she can’t explain,” reads the first film’s synopsis. “As an overwhelming terror begins taking over her life, Rose must confront her troubling past in order to survive and escape her horrifying new reality.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 14 hours ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture
Forum | 17 hours ago

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical Rerelease Dates Set for 2024 Return
Forum | 1 day ago

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical Rerelease Dates Set for 2024 Return