Paul Schrader Disappointed by Robert De Niro’s Taxi Driver Uber Ads

Forum 7 months ago

Paul Schrader Disappointed by Robert De Niro’s Taxi Driver Uber Ads

Robert De Niro is set to reprise his iconic character from the 1976 film Taxi Driver in a new ad campaign for Uber, a move writer Paul Schrader isn’t happy with.

What did Paul Schrader say?

In a recent post on his official Facebook page, Schrader — who wrote Taxi Driver and Raging Bull, which also starred De Niro — said that he couldn’t understand why “Bob” was doing the ads, and hopes that he never sees it.

“Ouch. Why Bob would do this is beyond my reckoning,” said Schrader. “But I haven’t seen it. If I’m lucky I never will.”

De Niro’s ad campaign will see him reprising his role as Travis Bickle and riffing on some of the more famous lines in the film, according to World of Reel. The ads will be filmed in London this week, although it’s unknown exactly when they’ll begin making their way out to the public.

Originally released in 1976, Taxi Driver is often considered one of the most culturally significant films of all time, and was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry in 1994 by the U.S. Library of Congress for being considered “culturally, hsitorically, or aesthetically” significant.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lady Slammed for Calling Out Uber Driver For Allegedly Hypnotizing Her
Forum | 3 days ago

Lady Slammed for Calling Out Uber Driver For Allegedly Hypnotizing Her

Truck Driver Arrested As Detectives Discover 1,040 Wraps Of Suspected Indian Hemp Being Offloaded From Boat
Forum | 6 days ago

Truck Driver Arrested As Detectives Discover 1,040 Wraps Of Suspected Indian Hemp Being Offloaded From Boat

Driver Arrested For Cramming 15 Children Into A Car In Lagos
Forum | 6 days ago

Driver Arrested For Cramming 15 Children Into A Car In Lagos

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad
Forum | 6 days ago

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad