Report: Taika Waititi’s Star Wars Movie Isn’t Dead

Forum 6 months ago

Report: Taika Waititi’s Star Wars Movie Isn’t Dead

Despite reports claiming that it may have been scrapped, it sounds as though Taika Waititi’s Star Wars movie is still in the works.

What is the status of Taika Waititi’s Star Wars movie?

Industry insider Jeff Sneider spoke about Waititi‘s upcoming Star Wars movie on today’s episode of The Hot Mic. Recent rumors about the film claimed that it was dead after first being announced in 2020, prompting Sneider to reveal on the podcast that those rumors are untrue. The insider noted that after checking in on the film with his sources, he learned that a draft of the script is currently expected and specifically stated that the project isn’t dead.

“I definitely checked in on that,” Sneider stated. “A draft is expected. It’s not dead.”

Check out the episode below:

Last July, Waititi said that he hadn’t been working much on the film as of yet. President of Lucasfilm Kathleen Kennedy also revealed earlier this year that the director is the sole writer of the project, noting that they would make the movie “one day.” The most recent mention of the film came from Waititi joking about how long it’s taken to finish the script while at the TIFF Tribute Awards earlier this month.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 21 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 21 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me