Titan Submarine Disaster Is Being Turned Into a Movie, Writers Promise to ‘Honor’ Victims

Forum 6 months ago

Titan Submarine Disaster Is Being Turned Into a Movie, Writers Promise to ‘Honor’ Victims

MindRiot Entertainment is making a movie about the Titan submarine implosion that occurred in June 2023.

Exclusively announced by Deadline, E. Brian Dobbins (The Blackening) has signed on to co-produce a movie about the Titan submarine implosion for MindRiot Entertainment. The film is being written by Justin MacGregor and Jonathan Keasy.

“The Titan Tragedy is yet another example of a misinformed and quick-to-pounce system, in this case, our nonstop, 24-7 media cycle that convicts and ruins the lives of so many people without any due process,” Keasy said. “Our film will not only honor all those involved in the submersible tragedy, and their families, but the feature will serve as a vessel that also addresses a more macro concern about the nature of media today.”

Keasy continued, “Truth is all that matters. And the world has a right to know the truth, always, not the salacious bait crammed down our throats by those seeking their five minutes of fame. Life is not black and white. It’s complicated. There’s nuance. Always nuance.”

On June 18, 2023, Oceangate’s Titan submarine vanished near the coast of Newfoundland, Canada, in the North Atlantic Ocean. After a four-day search, debris was found near the wreck of the Titanic and it was concluded the submersible imploded. Five people were killed during the implosion.

According to Deadline, MindRiot Entertainment’s movie will be set before, during, and after the tragedy. MindRiot Entertainment is also developing a docuseries, Salvaged, about the events that occurred.

It was previously rumored James Cameron was considering making a movie about the Titan submarine; however, the Avatar director took to Twitter to denounce these rumors, which he referred to as “offensive.” He tweeted, “I don’t respond to offensive rumors in the media usually, but I need to now. I’m NOT in talks about an OceanGate film, nor will I ever be.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories
Forum | 2 days ago

How We Lost Multimillion Naira To Ibadan-Based Travels Agency – Victims Tell Their Stories

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie

Kevin Costner Turned Chris Hemsworth Down for a Role, Cast Himself Instead
Forum | 1 week ago

Kevin Costner Turned Chris Hemsworth Down for a Role, Cast Himself Instead

Nigerian Troops Rescue 16 Kidnap Victims in Kaduna
Forum | 1 month ago

Nigerian Troops Rescue 16 Kidnap Victims in Kaduna