Blumhouse Wants to Revive Friday the 13th Movie Franchise

Forum 6 months ago

Blumhouse Wants to Revive Friday the 13th Movie Franchise

Jason hasn’t lived for nearly 15 years outside of video game appearances, but as the rights issues that have plagued the Friday the 13th series have begun to settle, and new projects have emerged, studio interest in bringing Mrs. Voorhees’ baby boy back to the big screen has grown keener.

It should be no surprise that Blumhouse would be especially keen on getting hold of the hockey mask after backing modern Halloween sequels and doing the same for The Exorcist this month with The Exorcist: Believer. and during an interview with Inverse ahead of that movie’s release this week, Blumhouse Producer Ryan Turek expressed how much he’d love the idea of camping out at Crystal Lake.

Jason Lives…at Blumhouse?

“Jason (Blum) and I are definitely in agreement that Friday the 13th is the thing we would love to get our hands on,” said Turek, ”I really want to go back to the basics. You don’t need too many ingredients for a Friday the 13th film. You need summer camp, you need campers, and you need Jason Vorhees in a mask.”

Like many fans, Turek would be excited to see Friday the 13th alive and well, but it would be especially great if he and Blumhouse could be a part of that,

“Listen, I’ve gone on the record saying Halloween is the ultimate slasher film for me. That’s my favorite slasher film of all time. But Friday the 13th as a franchise is one that I just bow down to. I just love everything about it. And if we were able to live in both worlds, like we do with Halloween, then to be able to live at Crystal Lake for a while would be so incredible.”

A new Friday the 13th TV series is planned with original star Adrienne King involved, but the movie side is currently wide open, so Blumhouse could yet get its wish if it can hack through the legal bramble surrounding who can use what from the slasher series.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police
Forum | 5 days ago

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 6 days ago

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary

Drop: Violett Beane, Jacob Robinson Join Cast of Blumhouse Thriller
Forum | 1 week ago

Drop: Violett Beane, Jacob Robinson Join Cast of Blumhouse Thriller