Five Nights at Freddy’s Movie Has Already Made Back its Budget

Forum 6 months ago

Five Nights at Freddy’s Movie Has Already Made Back its Budget

There are just a few weeks until the release of the Five Nights at Freddy’s movie from Blumhouse, and it looks like it will be starting off on a sound footing.

Freddy’s Fortunes in Blum

In an interview with Fortune, Blumhouse’s Jason Blum revealed that the adaptation of Scott Cawthon’s smash-hit horror video game series has already made back the money spent on it before it hits a single screen.

How? Well, Blumhouse is famous for turning small-budget horror movies into profit makers ever since Paranormal Activity rocked up on a meager $15,000 budget and exploded into a franchise that’s nearly earned a billion dollars to date.

Even as budgets grew for movies such as Happy Death Day, they were small enough ($5 million in that instance) that it was easier to turn a profit even if they underperformed commercially. And if they were successful? Then they made massive profits (Happy Death Day scored around $125 million at the box office)

Five Nights at Freddy’s has made back its budget and more already because of the sale of its streaming & theatrical distribution rights. With a pretty strong fandom and trailers showing the film might even be good, it means it could be another smash for the most successful horror studio around.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 Movie Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 Movie Gets Release Date Window

EPL: I’m having sleepless nights – Man Utd midfielder, Casemiro
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: I’m having sleepless nights – Man Utd midfielder, Casemiro

How I Plan On Spending FCT
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Plan On Spending FCT's N1.28 Trillion Statutory Budget - Wike