Quentin Tarantino Had ‘Passionate Ideas’ for Canceled Star Trek Movie

Forum 6 months ago

Quentin Tarantino Had ‘Passionate Ideas’ for Canceled Star Trek Movie

Quentin Tarantino once had plans to make an R-rated Star Trek movie, a film that one writer said Tarantino had a ton of ideas for.

Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter recently, writer Lindsey Anderson Beer (Pet Sematary: Bloodlines, The Magic Order) revealed that she was actually in the writer’s room for Tarantino’s Star Trek film.

According to Beer, not only was it “the most fun room” that she’s ever been a part of, but Tarantino also had many “passionate ideas” about what to do with the Star Trek brand.

“We got in there and [Tarantino] started with, ‘So what are your guys’ ideas for a movie?’ and I think I went first,” said Beer. “So he listened to us patiently and just kind of nodded his head, and then he took out his notebook and started talking for 20 minutes with lines of dialogue and passionate ideas that he’d already written. It wasn’t really a story yet; they were just random thoughts he had on a movie, but it was so passionate and so wonderful. And I laughed to myself and thought, ‘Well, why didn’t we start with that?’ There was a funny moment where he just stopped in the middle of that room and turned to me and said, ‘Lindsey, you’re really good at this.’ And getting that compliment from somebody whose career I admire so much meant a lot, obviously.”

What do we know about Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek movie?

In December 2017, Tarantino pitched an idea to J.J. Abrams for an R-rated Star Trek movie. The film was believed to be set in a different timeline from Abrams’ Star Trek movies, with Patrick Stewart and William Shatner both expressing interest in returning to their respective Star Trek roles for the project.

In May 2019, Tarantino said the script for the movie had been written and that he intended to direct the picture after Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The plans fell through, however, as Tarantino said he was “steering away” from directing the movie that December before he officially exited the project in January 2020.

A fourth film in the Star Trek’s Kelvin timeline is currently in the works, though a release date has not yet been set.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 16 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

2 The Witcher Spin-off Shows Reportedly Canceled by Netflix
Forum | 22 hours ago

2 The Witcher Spin-off Shows Reportedly Canceled by Netflix

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me