Filming Loki Season 2 Was All About ‘Straddling the Line Between Intrigue and Confusion’

Forum 6 months ago

Filming Loki Season 2 Was All About ‘Straddling the Line Between Intrigue and Confusion’

The second season of Loki has managed to unfold mysteries without explaining too much. That’s exactly what the show’s creators intended to happen, according to executive producer Kevin Wright.

Loki Season 2, to put it mildly, was a lot — there are plenty of timelines to keep up with and characters time-jumping from one timeline to another. While the show was able to unravel the mysteries, it never intended to share too much.

“If you explain too much the audience has — it feels like they have to carry it,” the executive producer told TheWrap.

Letting the Viewers Unravel the Mysteries on Their Own

The creatives behind the show want to let audiences disentangle all the information on their own — without trying to confuse them by revealing little details.

“The thing that was always most important to us was — we are taking big concepts, we’re getting into time loops, and timey-wimey stuff starts happening big time in this — but it was always about how simply, when needed, can we explain that in a line or two of dialogue, that audiences go ‘OK, that kind of makes sense. I’m gonna put that in the back of my brain as it keeps moving on,’” he added.

Wright went on to say that they want to keep it simple, though “more often than not, it was about removing lines” to streamline the narrative.

For Wright, creating the second season was mostly “straddling the line between intrigue and confusion,” with the help of directors Justin Benson and Aaron Moorehead.

Loki Season 2 is now available to stream on Disney+, with new episodes airing Wednesday at 6 p.m. PT. You can watch the trailer below.

The official synopsis for Loki Season 2 reads: “Loki Season 2 picks up in the aftermath of the shocking season finale when Loki finds himself in a battle for the soul of the Time Variance Authority.“

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple
Forum | 4 hours ago

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 3 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins