Oh, Canada Image Offers First Look at Jacob Elordi in Paul Schrader’s New Movie

Forum 6 months ago

Oh, Canada Image Offers First Look at Jacob Elordi in Paul Schrader’s New Movie

The first look at Oh, Canada sees Jacob Elordi donning a mustache and jacket in Paul Schrader’s next movie.

Discussing Film posted a tweet sharing a first-look image of Elordi in Oh, Canada, the newest film from Schrader. Check out the image below:

What do we know about Oh, Canada?

Oh, Canada is based on a 2021 novel written by Russell Banks titled Foregone. The film will see Richard Gere play an aging documentarian examining his legacy and his career during an interview being filmed by his former student, Malcolm, who is played by Elordi.

“I like the kind of top spin of doing the dying gigolo, the emaciated man in the wheelchair, bald and sick, and trying to get his life straight. Now I have to cast a younger version of him,” Schrader told IndieWire about the movie. “So there’ll be two characters. When you package these kinds of films, you have to keep in mind a little bit of the buzz, what I call the top spin. Bret Easton Ellis said to me the other day, ‘I was told that you’re doing a remake of American Gigolo.’ I said, ‘I’m not, but if they want to think that and it can help me get money, they can think that.’”

Elordi is known for playing Nate Jacobs in HBO’s Euphoria and for starring in Netflix’s Kissing Booth franchise. He’s now playing Elvis Presley in Sofia Coppola’s Priscilla and is also starring in Emerald Fennell’s upcoming film, Saltburn.

“I met Paul on Zoom after reading for his film,” Elordi said about being cast in Oh, Canada. “The little kid that goes to the cinema a lot in me was freaking out.”

Schrader, meanwhile, is known for writing and co-writing the screenplays to a number of Martin Scorsese films, including 1976’s Taxi Driver, 1980’s Raging Bull, and 1988’s The Last Temptation of Christ. He’s directed a number of his own films, including 1979’s Hardcore, 1980’s American Gigolo, 2005’s Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist, 2017’s First Reformed, and, most recently, 2022’s Master Gardener.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 2 days ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 2 days ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth