Fantastic Four Casting & Filming Update Given by Director Matt Shakman

Forum 6 months ago

Fantastic Four Casting & Filming Update Given by Director Matt Shakman

A new Fantastic Four casting and filming update has been given by the Marvel Cinematic Universe film’s director, Matt Shakman.

What is the Fantastic Four update?

In an interview with Collider, Shakman revealed that Fantastic Four is likely to start filming in the spring in London.

“Yes, we are definitely gonna go in front of cameras next year,” he stated. “Probably the spring. [It will shoot in] London. Pinewood.”

Later in the interview, the director noted that he can’t say much about casting due to the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike and that once that’s resolved, “there’ll be a plan” to reveal more information.

“Like I said, we’re in the middle of a SAG strike, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they get a great deal really soon and we can go back,” Shakman said. “Then, once that’s resolved, there’ll be a plan at that point, but I can’t say too much. There will be an announcement at some point! I know that the internet is very excited to find out, and I’m excited to share it. I just can’t do it yet.”

Fantastic Four will be directed by Matt Shakman (WandaVision) from a screenplay by Josh Friedman, who was brought in to re-write the script originally written by Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer. No official casting announcements have been made, but production is still expected to start in early 2024. As a project in Phase Six of the MCU, Fantastic Four is scheduled to be released on May 2, 2025.

The Fantastic Four comic debuted in 1961. Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, it was the first superhero team title produced by Marvel Comics and popularized famous characters like Reed Richards, Sue Storm, and Doctor Doom.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sicario 3 Update Given by Josh Brolin
Forum | 1 day ago

Sicario 3 Update Given by Josh Brolin

The Instigators Images Preview Doug Liman Heist Thriller Starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck
Forum | 1 day ago

The Instigators Images Preview Doug Liman Heist Thriller Starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe
Forum | 2 days ago

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe

Extraction 3 Gets a Promising Update From Writer Joe Russo
Forum | 2 days ago

Extraction 3 Gets a Promising Update From Writer Joe Russo