Guillermo del Toro on His Scrapped Star Wars Movie: ‘It’s Not My Property’

Forum 6 months ago

Guillermo del Toro on His Scrapped Star Wars Movie: ‘It’s Not My Property’

Acclaimed director Guillermo del Toro has spoken a bit more about his scrapped Star Wars movie that would have followed Jabba the Hutt.

What did Guillermo del Toro say about his axed Star Wars movie?

In an interview with Collider’s Steven Weintraub, del Toro explained that the film was meant to focus on “the rise and fall of Jabba the Hutt,” but that the movie fell through and that it’s not his property or his money. The director noted that he’s sometimes bitter when projects get scrapped, but that he feels there’s always something to be learned from those sorts of situations in life.

“We had the rise and fall of Jabba the Hutt, so I was super happy,” del Toro stated (via Variety). “We were doing a lot of stuff, and then it’s not my property, it’s not my money, and then it’s one of those 30 screenplays that goes away. Sometimes I’m bitter, sometimes I’m not. I always turn to my team and say, ‘Good practice, guys. Good practice. We designed a great world. We designed great stuff. We learned.’

“You can never be ungrateful with life. Whatever life sends you, there’s something to be learned from it. So, you know, I trust the universe, I do. When something doesn’t happen, I go, ‘Why?’ I try to have a dialogue with myself. ‘Why didn’t it happen?’ And the more you swim upstream with the universe, the less you’re gonna realize where you’re going.”

You can see the video in the tweet below:

This Star Wars movie wasn’t the first Guillermo del Toro project that would go unrealized despite fan enthusiasm. Some other films del Toro was reported to be involved in over the years included the Halo movie, a third Hellboy film, a movie based on Disney’s Haunted Mansion ride, and more.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG