Maria Photos: First Look at Angelina Jolie in Pablo Larraín’s Newest Biopic Drama

Forum 6 months ago

Maria Photos: First Look at Angelina Jolie in Pablo Larraín’s Newest Biopic Drama

The first official Maria photos for Pablo Larraín’s next biographical drama has been released, featuring the first look at Oscar winner Angelina Jolie as opera singer Maria Callas.

Maria was able to acquire a SAG-AFTRA Interim Agreement, allowing the project to film despite the ongoing actors strike. Production is currently underway, which will last for over 8 weeks. Filming will take place in Paris, Greece, Budapest, and Milan.

“I am incredibly excited to start production on Maria, which I hope will bring Maria Callas’s remarkable life and work to audiences all around the world, thanks to the magnificent script by Steve Knight, the work of the entire cast and crew, and especially, Angelina’s brilliant work and extraordinary preparation,” Larraín said in a statement.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ad93f64f6dcf38d9dfcd3d0fa817db42.jpghttps://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/38efc646e299d0f0f20c5c521c3da51b.jpg

Who’s involved in Maria?

Maria is being directed by Larraín from a screenplay written by Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight. This marks the Chilean filmmaker’s follow-up to 2016’s Jackie and 2021’s Spencer, which respectively starred Natalie Portman as Jackie Kennedy and Kristen Stewart as Princess Diana.

Joining Jolie in the film are Pierfrancesco Favino (The Hummingbird), Alba Rohrwacher (La Chimera), Haluk Bilginer (Winter Sleep), Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Power of the Dog), and Valeria Golino (Portrait of a Lady on Fire). It is produced by Fablua Pictures’ Juan de Dios Larraín, The Apartment Pictures’ Lorenzo Mieli, and Komlizen Film’s Jonas Dornbach.

Maria will be Jolie’s first acting project since starring in 2021’s Eternals film. She’s currently working on directing her next movie Without Blood, led by Salma Hayek and Demián Bichir.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister
Forum | 1 day ago

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 2 days ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues

Axed Angelina Jolie-Led Cleopatra Movie Had ‘Political Thriller’ Elements
Forum | 2 days ago

Axed Angelina Jolie-Led Cleopatra Movie Had ‘Political Thriller’ Elements

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 3 days ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director