Michael Mann Announces Heat 2 as His Next Movie, Could Star Adam Driver

Forum 6 months ago

Michael Mann Announces Heat 2 as His Next Movie, Could Star Adam Driver

Michael Mann has confirmed his next movie after Ferrari will be Heat 2, and it may star Adam Driver.

Per Deadline, Mann attended Deadline’s Contenders London event this past weekend when he asked if Heat 2 would be the next movie that he plans to make.

“Yes,” Mann answered. “Meg Gardiner and myself wrote the novel Heat 2, which came out right when we were shooting Ferrari. It did very well. I plan to shoot that next.”

When asked if Driver, who is starring in Ferrari and was previously reported to be in talks to play a younger Neil McCauley in Heat 2, would star in the movie, Mann said, “Perhaps. We don’t talk about that yet. Let me put it this way: Adam and I got along like a house on fire [on Ferrari]. We have the same work ethic – which is pretty intense. We like each other, and we had a great time working together artistically.”

What was 1995’s Heat about?

Written and directed by Mann, Heat was released in 1995. The film starred Robert De Niro as McCauley, a professional thief working out of Los Angeles who is trying to complete one last bank robbery. Trying to stop McCauley and his crew is a LAPD lieutenant named Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino), who comes to learn he and McCauley have more in common than he initially realized.

In August 2022, Mann and Gardiner published Heat 2, which serves as both a prequel and a sequel to the original story. Mann first stated in 2019 that he intended to adapt the novel into a feature film and, in 2023, it was confirmed the project was moving forward.

There has been no official word on whether or not De Niro and Pacino will appear in Heat 2; although, Mann told Empire Magazine in 2022, “I love those guys, but they’d have to be six years younger than they were in Heat.”

Mann’s latest, meanwhile, stars Driver, Penélope Cruz, Patrick Dempsey, and Shailene Woodley. Ferrari hits theaters on December 25, 2023, from Neon.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 12 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast
Forum | 18 hours ago

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 20 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

It
Forum | 1 day ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning