The Exorcist: Believer Digital Release Date Revealed for Blumhouse Horror Sequel

Forum 6 months ago

The Exorcist: Believer Digital Release Date Revealed for Blumhouse Horror Sequel

The Exorcist: Believer already has a digital release date.

According to a tweet posted by Discussing Film, The Exorcist: Believer will be released on Digital on October 24, 2023, meaning there will be plenty of time for Exorcist fans to watch or rewatch the Blumhouse horror sequel before Halloween.

“Since the death of his pregnant wife in a Haitian earthquake 12 years ago, Victor Fielding (Tony winner and Oscar® nominee Leslie Odom, Jr.; One Night in Miami, Hamilton) has raised their daughter, Angela (Lidya Jewett, Good Girls) on his own,” the official synopsis reads. “But when Angela and her friend Katherine (newcomer Olivia O’Neill), disappear in the woods, only to return three days later with no memory of what happened to them, it unleashes a chain of events that will force Victor to confront the nadir of evil and, in his terror and desperation, seek out the only person alive who has witnessed anything like it before: Chris MacNeil [Ellen Burstyn].”

The Exorcist: Believer released in United States theaters on October 6, 2023. So far, the film has made approximately $44.2 million at the worldwide box office off a $30 million budget; however, Universal Pictures and Peacock also paid $400 million in 2021 to acquire the rights to distribute more Exorcist films.

The Exorcist: Believer is the first film in a new trilogy of Exorcist movies

While The Exorcist: Believer was met with mixed reviews from critics, the film is intended to kick off a new trilogy of Exorcist movies, with The Exorcist: Deceiver arriving on April 18, 2025.

On whether or not will return to direct The Exorcist: Deceiver, The Exorcist: Believer director and co-writer David Gordon Green told The Hollywood Reporter, “My intention is just to start making things, and as those plans come together, if I find myself in that [The Exorcist: Deceiver] director’s chair, I’d be thrilled. But right now, I’m navigating it from a story perspective and looking at my realities of life as I pivot. And one of the things that’s been really great between these horror franchises is doing that comedy series on HBO, The Righteous Gemstones. So it’s fun to be able to step away, take a deep breath, have a big laugh, and then get back to work in the genre.”

The Exorcist: Believer is currently playing in theaters.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 21 hours ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy