Rick and Morty Movie Teased by Dan Harmon

Forum 6 months ago

Rick and Morty Movie Teased by Dan Harmon

Rick and Morty is set to run for at least a few more seasons, and in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, co-creator Dan Harmon even teased the possibility of a Rick and Morty movie.

In the interview, Harmon recalled a time when director Zack Snyder approached him about the possibility of making a Rick and Morty film. “Not him saying, ‘I get to do it,’ or anything like that. He was totally a super fan and was just like, ‘Is there any way I can help get that movie started by using my Snyder-ness?’” said Harmon.

Harmon then joked that he would be making “a Snyder cut of that movie” and then doing “a director’s cut of a Snyder cut,” a reference to Snyder’s version of the Justice League film.

“So, the Rick and Morty movie is coming as soon as Zack Snyder gets back from his vacation because I want to start with a Snyder cut of that movie, and then I want to do the director’s cut of a Snyder cut release, so we can just have a six-hour Rick and Morty movie and three hours of it is in black and white,” joked Harmon.

Harmon is open to creating a true Rick and Morty film

Despite the jokes, Harmon did go on to mention that he is actually open to creating a Rick and Morty movie and has even had talks with Warner Bros. Discovery about it, noting that “it felt like maybe it was time to get the ball rolling.”

Should a movie ever be made, Harmon said, his goal would simply be to make a standard Rick and Morty adventure and make it longer, with the benefit of extra money.

“My philosophy would be to just take a Rick and Morty adventure, and spend a bunch of extra money on it and make it 90 minutes long,” Harmon said. “Not to try to earn its feature status by virtue of canonical dramatic tone shifts or anything like that, but rather to just make it a super badass episode of Rick and Morty.”

Rick and Morty’s seventh season is set to premiere on Adult Swim on October 15, 2023, complete with a new actor in the role of both titular characters following the departure of co-creator Justin Roiland.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Ritual Cast: Al Pacino & Dan Stevens to Lead Exorcism Horror Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

The Ritual Cast: Al Pacino & Dan Stevens to Lead Exorcism Horror Movie

Young Sheldon Georgie and Mandy Spin-off Teased by Stars
Forum | 1 week ago

Young Sheldon Georgie and Mandy Spin-off Teased by Stars

Dancing Village: The Curse Begins Trailer Previews Eerie Horror Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Dancing Village: The Curse Begins Trailer Previews Eerie Horror Movie