Five Nights at Freddy’s: Jason Blum Explains Why the Movie Took So Long to Make

Forum 6 months ago

Five Nights at Freddy’s: Jason Blum Explains Why the Movie Took So Long to Make

Five Nights at Freddy’s producer Jason Blum says the upcoming movie took so long to make because they wanted to make sure it was catered to the proper fans.

Speaking with ComicBook, Blum talked about the challenges of adapting the Five Nights at Freddy’s video game (which was released in 2014) into a movie and how they wanted to make sure it was an adaptation fans of the franchise would be pleased with.

“One of the reasons which will be interesting to you guys, why the movie took so long is that Hollywood [is that] sometimes, not always, it makes the mistake when they’re adapting like a super popular book or a super popular game to start out at the very beginning to make a movie that not only will satisfy the fans of the book or the game, but bring a larger audience,” said Blum. “There’s always that pressure to bring a larger audience.”

Jason Blum: ‘We should make a movie that works for the fans’

He continued, “One of the reasons this movie took so long to do is [because that’s] how we started to [develop it], and but what became clear through the development process is that the only way to pull this off was to make the movie for fans of Five Nights at Freddy’s and if anyone else came, fine. What Emma [Tammi] did so well and what we’ve finally figured out is that we should make a movie that works for the fans. If anyone else comes that’s great, but [let’s] not try and please them too.”

Directed by Tammi, Five Nights at Freddy’s stars Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Lail, Piper Rubio, and Matthew Lillard.

“The film follows a troubled security guard as he begins working at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza,” the official synopsis reads. “While spending his first night on the job, he realizes the night shift at Freddy’s won’t be so easy to make it through.”

Five Nights at Freddy’s releases in United States theaters and on Peacock on October 27, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie

Furiosa Features 15-Minute Long Action Sequence That Took 78 Days to Shoot
Forum | 1 week ago

Furiosa Features 15-Minute Long Action Sequence That Took 78 Days to Shoot

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 1 week ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder