Loki Season 2 Director Reveals Inspiration Behind Jonathan Majors’ Kang Variant

Forum 6 months ago

Loki Season 2 Director Reveals Inspiration Behind Jonathan Majors’ Kang Variant

Loki Season 2 Episode 3 director Kasra Farahani has revealed the real figure who inspired the Kang variant Victor Timely.

In an interview with Variety, Farahani spoke about Jonathan Majors‘ character Victor Timely — an inventor in the year 1893 that is also a variant of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania villain Kang the Conqueror. At one point, the director revealed the real world inventor who they took inspiration from while crafting Timely.

“We took a lot of inspiration from a figure that that I had come across and I talked to Jonathan about named Granville Woods,” Farahani stated. “He was a Black inventor from the exactly the era Timely would have lived, who invented so many amazing things. He was constantly having his patents challenged by other prominent inventors. Edison tried to claim two of his patents; lost in court both times; ended up offering Woods a job. Woods turned it down.

“So we wanted to get some of that element in there, that this is a person who’s under duress. I mean, the very nature that he’s making this presentation in the Hofbräu of the Midway, instead of the machine room in the White City, where everybody else is presenting their big inventions, is part of, I think, this dynamic.”

What happens in Loki Season 2?

“The next season picks up in the aftermath of the shocking season finale when Loki finds himself in a battle for the soul of the Time Variance Authority,” reads the synopsis. “Along with Mobius, Hunter B-15, and a team of new and returning characters, Loki navigates an ever-expanding and increasingly dangerous Multiverse in search of Sylvie, Judge Renslayer, Miss Minutes, and the truth of what it means to possess free will and glorious purpose.”

Season 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe series hails from head writer and executive producer Eric Martin. The new installment will be executive produced by Martin, Tom Hiddleston, and Season 1 head writer Michael Waldron.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race