Jason Blum Says Five Nights at Freddy’s Creator is Thrilled With Movie Adaptation

Forum 6 months ago

Jason Blum Says Five Nights at Freddy’s Creator is Thrilled With Movie Adaptation

Created by Scott Cawthon, the Five Nights at Freddy’s franchisebegan in 2014 with the release of the first video game. Nearly a decade later, the long-awaited movie adaptation of Five Nights at Freddy’s will hit theaters later this week. Jason Blum, who produces through Blumhouse Productions, told GamesRadar+ that the Five Nights at Freddy’s creator is thrilled with the movie.

“Scott’s very happy with the movie,” Blum said. “Scott was intimately involved in every stage of the movie. There were no surprises when he saw the movie and I think he’s very happy with it. He’s very proud of it. And I think that’s a real tribute to Emma [Tammi] who really was able to turn his game into a terrific movie that Scott gave his stamp of approval to, which was a tricky, very tricky job.”

Five Nights at Freddy’s is rooted in horror, so its pairing with Blumhouse Productions, a company with a proven tracked record in the genre, makes sense. “It’s a Blumhouse game,” according to Blum.

“The theme and the story and the mythology definitely shares a lot of DNA with a lot of the movies and television shows that we’ve done,” Blum said. “So creatively, it was a great fit.”

What to Expect in Five Nights at Freddy’s?

“The terrifying horror game phenomenon becomes a blood-chilling cinematic event, as Blumhouse brings Five Nights at Freddy’s to the big screen,” the official synopsis reads. “The film follows a troubled security guard as he begins working at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza. While spending his first night on the job, he realizes the night shift at Freddy’s won’t be so easy to make it through.”

Five Nights at Freddy’s stars Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Lail, Piper Rubio, Jessica Blackmore, Lucas Grant, Kate Conner Sterling, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Matthew Lillard. Emma Tammi directs from a screenplay she co-wrote with Cawthon and Seth Cuddeback. The script stems from a story idea from Cawthon, Cuddeback, and Tyler MacIntyre.

Five Nights at Freddy’s opens in theaters and streams on Peacock on October 27, 2023. The film is expected to open to nearly $40 million at the box office in its opening weekend.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’