Aquaman 2 Director on Reshoots: ‘We Probably Did 7 or 8 Days’

Forum 6 months ago

Aquaman 2 Director on Reshoots: ‘We Probably Did 7 or 8 Days’

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom director James Wan has provided more details about the reshoots that the DC Universe sequel has had.

While speaking with Empire magazine, Wan spoke about seeing reports about the Aquaman sequel’s reshoots online. The director noted that the reshoots weren’t as extensive as they may have been reported to be and that they were spread out primarily due to actor availability.

“Look, I’m a collaborative filmmaker — I welcome people’s thoughts and opinions,” Wan stated (via The Playlist). “But ultimately, I feel I have more than proven myself. So, it was like: ‘This is the movie I want to make’ … We probably did seven or eight days, which is nothing for a movie of this size. It was just spread out because it’s so hard to get your actors back once you’ve finished the initial shoot.”

Who is writing Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom?

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is once again directed by James Wan from a screenplay written by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick. The DC Studios sequel features the return of Jason Momoa as he reprises the leading role of Arthur Curry/Aquaman. Joining him are various returning cast members, including Patrick Wilson as Orm, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, Amber Heard as Mera, and Randall Park as Dr. Stephen Shin.

It will also feature the introduction of new cast members in Game of Thrones alum Pilou Asbæk, Indya Moore (Pose, Escape Room: Tournament of Champions), Vincent Regan (300, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance), and Chinese-Portuguese actress Jani Zhao (Jogo Duplo, The Sugar Captains) in her first major Hollywood film and English-language feature debut. Aquaman 2 is produced by Wan and frequent collaborator Peter Safran.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 1 day ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Civil Servants Get 2 Days Weekly To Farm In Bayelsa
Forum | 3 days ago

Civil Servants Get 2 Days Weekly To Farm In Bayelsa

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 4 days ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna