Jacob Elordi on Priscilla: ‘The Most I Knew of Elvis Was in Lilo & Stitch’

Forum 6 months ago

Jacob Elordi on Priscilla: ‘The Most I Knew of Elvis Was in Lilo & Stitch’

Prior to starring in Sofia Coppola‘s Priscilla, Jacob Elordi’s Elvis Presley knowledge came solely from Disney’s Lilo & Stitch.

Appearing on a recent episode of the Tonight Show, via Entertainment Weekly, Elordi admitted he learned who Elvis Presley was because of 2002’s Lilo & Stitch. “The most I knew of Elvis was in Lilo & Stitch,” Elordi said. ”Which is a lot!”

In Lilo & Stitch, Lilo (voiced by Daveigh Chase) is a diehard Elvis Presley fan who imparts her knowledge of the world-famous musician to her adopted pet alien, Stitch. The movie’s soundtrack also contains several Elvis Presley songs, including Burning Love, Suspicious Minds, Hound Dog, and more.

“Sofia had sent me these sides that said Elvis and I kinda just was like, ‘There’s no chance that this is happening.’ I watched this clip of him when he came back from the Army in Germany and read the lines for like 15 minutes and then shot two takes not thinking it would go anywhere,” Elordi further said of the role.

What is Priscilla about?

“When teenage Priscilla Beaulieu meets Elvis Presley at a party, the man who is already a meteoric rock-and-roll superstar becomes someone entirely unexpected in private moments: a thrilling crush, an ally in loneliness, a gentle best friend,” reads the synopsis. “Through Priscilla’s eyes, Sofia Coppola tells the unseen side of a great American myth in Elvis and Priscilla’s long courtship and turbulent marriage, from a German army base to his dream-world estate at Graceland, in this deeply felt and ravishingly detailed portrait of love, fantasy, and fame.”

Based on the 1985 Elvis and Me memoir, Priscilla is written and directed by Coppola. Along with Elordi, the movie stars Cailee Spaeny, Raine Monroe Boland, Emily Mitchell, Dagmara Domińczyk, Rodrigo Fernandez-Stoll, Luke Humphrey, and Dan Beirne.

Priscilla is getting a limited theatrical release on October 27, 2023, before it expands wide on November 3, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Drop: Violett Beane, Jacob Robinson Join Cast of Blumhouse Thriller
Forum | 1 week ago

Drop: Violett Beane, Jacob Robinson Join Cast of Blumhouse Thriller

Court Clears Ex-South African President, Jacob Zuma To Contest The Upcoming Election
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Court Clears Ex-South African President, Jacob Zuma To Contest The Upcoming Election

Ex-South African President Jacob Zuma Involved In Car Crash As Drunk Driver Collides With His Vehicle
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Ex-South African President Jacob Zuma Involved In Car Crash As Drunk Driver Collides With His Vehicle

I Knew I Would Marry My Wife a Month Into Our Relationship – Ebuka Obi-Uchendu
Forum | 4 weeks ago

I Knew I Would Marry My Wife a Month Into Our Relationship – Ebuka Obi-Uchendu