Deadpool 3 Cameos Were Surprisingly ‘Easy’ to Secure, Says Director

Forum 5 months ago

Deadpool 3 Cameos Were Surprisingly ‘Easy’ to Secure, Says Director

Speaking with Josh Horowitz of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Deadpool 3 director Shawn Levy addressed the many casting speculations surrounding the highly-anticipated superhero movie. Without confirming which of the cameo rumors are true, Levy revealed that he was very surprised with how “easy” it was to secure cameos for Deadpool 3.

“What blew my mind is how easy some of those cameos have been,” Levy said. “People love Deadpool. People love Ryan [Reynolds]. Thankfully, people also seem to like my work. They know that Ryan and I are in a groove of creative brotherhood that is unique and seems to be working.”

He added, “So, yeah, I love that there’s been a proliferation of casting rumors around my movie because there’s so many that it’s impossible to know what’s real and what’s made up. So, all I’ll say is that starting with Ryan and Hug, some that the world knows about: Matthew McFadyen, Emma Corrin, really just going to work is a delight.”

Who’s in Deadpool 3?

Deadpool 3 reunites lead star Ryan Reynolds with Free Guy and The Adam Project filmmaker Shawn Levy, who has signed on to helm the long-awaited project. Hugh Jackson and Jennifer Garner are finally coming out of their superhero retirement to reprise their respective iconic Marvel roles as Wolverine and Elektra in Deadpool 3.

The third installment will also feature the return of Leslie Uggams as Blind Al, Morena Baccarin as Vanessa, Rob Delaney as Peter, Stefan Kapicic as Colossus, Karan Soni as Dopinder, Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, and Shioli Kutsuna as Yukio. In addition, the movie will also welcome the addition of Marvel newcomers Emma Corrin and Matthew Macfadyen.

The film is written by Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, and Zeb Wells from a previous draft by the Molyneux sisters (Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Logelin). It is produced by Reynolds, Levy, and Kevin Feige, who previously assured fans that Deadpool 3 will officially be Marvel Studios’ first R-rated movie.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 17 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’
Forum | 2 days ago

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday