Scarlett Johansson Takes Legal Action Against AI App That Used Her Likeness

Forum 5 months ago

Scarlett Johansson Takes Legal Action Against AI App That Used Her Likeness

Scarlett Johansson is taking legal action against an AI app that recently used her name and likeness for online advertisements.

In a statement to Variety on the matter, Johasson’s attorney Kevin Yorn said that the actress and her team would be dealing with it, and that they don’t condone or take it lightly.

“We do not take these things lightly. Per our usual course of action in these circumstances, we will deal with it with all legal remedies that we will have,” Yorn said.

What is the Scarlett Johansson AI ad?

The advertisement featuring a digitally recreated Johansson first appeared on the internet late in October. In it, Johansson could be seen advertising the use of an image-generating app called Lisa AI: 90s Yearbook & Avatar.

“What’s up guys? It’s Scarlett and I want you to come with me…” says Johansson in an older clip that was ripped from a collaboration she did with the charity size Omaze. An ad for the app then plays, with Johansson’s AI voice talking up its attributes in the background. “It’s not limited to avatars only. You can also create images with texts and even your AI videos. I think you shouldn’t miss it.”

While there are notes and fine print under the ad that note that Johansson isn’t actively involved, that hasn’t stopped Johansson from getting upset. As for now, the app — created by Convert Software — is still available in multiple forms on mobile devices.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 21 hours ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed
Forum | 2 days ago

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed