True Detective Creator to Write & Direct Blumhouse Horror Movie

Forum 5 months ago

True Detective Creator to Write & Direct Blumhouse Horror Movie

During a recent panel appearance at the 2023 Austin Film Festival, True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto confirmed that he will be collaborating with Blumhouse Productions for an untitled horror movie, which he will be writing and directing. He went on to describe the project as an “occult detective story,” which is in line with his previous work on the acclaimed HBO anthology series.

“Blumhouse contracted me to write and direct a horror movie, which I gave them the script for last week,” Pizzolatto said (via /Film). “It’s kind of an occult detective story. But I just took a meeting with them once, and we just kind of shot the s—, and we had some common friends. We were wrapping up, and Couper [Samuelson], the VP of Blumhouse, said, ‘Look if you ever have an idea for a horror movie…’ And I go, ‘Actually, I have one idea for a horror movie, and I’ve had it for 10 years,’ and I told it to him, and he’s like, ‘Let’s go make this.’ I’ve got to see what they think of the script, but hopefully, we’ll be doing that.”

True Detective Season 4 Moving Forward Without Nic Pizzolatto

For the first time, series creator Nic Pizzolatto won’t be involved in the creative direction of the forthcoming next installment to HBO’s True Detective series. Despite this, he will stay on as an executive producer. Season 4, titled Night Country is written and directed by showrunner Issa López. It will be led by Jodie Foster, boxer Kali Reis, John Hawkes, Christopher Eccleston, Fiona Shaw, Finn Bennett, and Anna Lambe.

“When the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace,” reads the synopsis. “To solve the case, Detectives Liz Danvers (Foster) and Evangeline Navarro (Reis) will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale
Forum | 2 days ago

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale

Weapons: Julia Garner Joins Cast of Barbarian Director’s New Horror Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Weapons: Julia Garner Joins Cast of Barbarian Director’s New Horror Movie