Former MCU Blade Movie Writer Disputes Controversial Script Report

Forum 5 months ago

Former MCU Blade Movie Writer Disputes Controversial Script Report

A former writer for the Marvel Cinematic Universe Blade movie has disputed some of the claims made in this week’s big Marvel Studios report.

The writer, Michael Starrbury, took to Twitter to state that none of the scripts he worked on had Blade as the “fourth lead” like the report claimed. Twitter user @ComicsComm52 took a screenshot of the tweets, which have since been deleted alongside Starrbury’s account.

“Never saw a version where Blade was 4th lead or it was a ‘narrative led by women and filled with life lessons’ but I suppose a lot could have happened since I had anything to do with it,” the writer tweeted. “He was in 99% of the scripts I was a part of.”

In another tweet, Starrbury noted that Blade “was in almost every scene when I was involved. I don’t know what happened but I’ll just say I seriously doubt he was ever the 4th lead in any draft.”

When is Blade going to release?

Blade’s production had a turbulent period late last year, with director Bassim Tariq leaving the project in September. Originally set to release on November 3, 2023, the movie ended up being delayed to September 6, 2024. Now it is set for February 14, 2025. It will star Mahershala Ali and Mia Goth, who is rumored to be playing the role of Lilith.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 19 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut
Forum | 4 days ago

New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot
Forum | 1 week ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

Michael Douglas Wanted Hank Pym’s MCU Death in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Forum | 1 week ago

Michael Douglas Wanted Hank Pym’s MCU Death in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania