Chris Hemsworth’s Extraction 3 Update Given by Netflix Boss, Idris Elba May Return

Forum 5 months ago 1

Chris Hemsworth’s Extraction 3 Update Given by Netflix Boss, Idris Elba May Return

Scott Stuber, the chairman of Netflix Films, says the script for Extraction 3 is gradually coming along.

Speaking with Collider, Stuber gave an update about the upcoming Extraction 3. Along with noting the script is still in development, Stuber hinted the third film in the Chris Hemsworth-led Extraction series may bring back Idris Elba’s character from Extraction 2.

“You know, you’ve got to find the right thing. I think the second one was so good because it was emotional and complex. It kind of reminds me of when I worked on the Bourne movies. Tony Gilroy did such a good job on the second one of making it emotional and making that kind of activate around Franka [Potente’s] death. So, this one had the same kind of familial background around Chris [Hemsworth’s] motivation. Getting Idris [Elba] into the franchise was an interesting way to kind of evolve it. So we’re waiting on the script and working hard, but aspiration would be great to get it back. I mean, what those guys have done has been really great in that franchise.”

Netflix and Chris Hemsworth’s Extraction franchise, explained

Directed by Sam Hargrave and written by Joe Russo, Extraction premiered on Netflix in April 2020. Based on Andre Parks’ Ciudad graphic novel, the movie introduced Hemsworth as Tyler Rake, while Rudhraksh Jaiswal, Randeep Hooda, and David Harbour also starred.

Extraction 2 followed in June 2023. Hargrave, Russo, and Hemsworth all returned for the sequel, which also introduced Elba as a character named Alcott.

A third Extraction film was officially announced in June 2023. Hargrave and Hemsworth are both expected to return for Extraction 3, though no further plot details are available at this time. Stuber told Collider that Extraction 3’s production “lost some momentum” because of the ongoing actors strike; however, he said it will be time to get “back to what everybody does best, which is storytelling” once the strike is resolved.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner
Forum | 2 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner