Barbie Movie Lands 11 Grammy Nominations

Forum 5 months ago

Barbie Movie Lands 11 Grammy Nominations

After dominating this year’s summer box office, Warner Bros.’ live-action Barbie movie is expected to receive multiple nods in the upcoming awards’ season.

Today, Greta Gerwig‘s Barbie earned its first batch of nominations, with the 66th Grammy Awards recognizing the blockbuster hit’s stellar soundtrack. The Recording Academy announced that the Margot Robbie-led movie has received eleven Grammy nominations including Record of the Year for Billie Eilish’s “What Was I Made For?,” and Song of the Year for Dua Lipa’s “Dance the Night.”

Who’s in Barbie?

The film starred Robbie, Ryan Gosling, America Ferrera, Simu Liu, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Scott Evans, Kate McKinnon, Ariana Greenblatt, Alexandra Shipp, Emma Mackey, Issa Rae, Michael Cera, Hari Nef, Will Ferrell, Helen Mirren, Dua Lipa, and more. It also featured music from multiple artists including Billie Eilish, Nicki Minaj, Lizzo, Dua Lipa, Ice Spice, and K-Pop girl group Fifty Fifty.

Barbie was directed by Gerwig from a screenplay she co-wrote with Noah Baumbach. It was produced by Robbie and Tom Ackerly for LuckyChap and Mattel Films’ Robbie Brenner along with Josey McNamara and Ynon Kreiz. During its theatrical run, it earned a worldwide gross of over $1.4 billion, making it the highest-grossing movie of 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Grammy Is US Award, Let’s Support Our Own — Joeboy to Colleagues
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Grammy Is US Award, Let’s Support Our Own — Joeboy to Colleagues

Portable eyes Grammy for best African artiste
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Portable eyes Grammy for best African artiste

Bottoms Star Rachel Sennott Lands HBO Comedy Pilot Order
Forum | 1 month ago

Bottoms Star Rachel Sennott Lands HBO Comedy Pilot Order

Billie Eilish’s Barbie Song ‘What Was I Made For?’ Boomed in Sales After Oscars Win
Forum | 1 month ago

Billie Eilish’s Barbie Song ‘What Was I Made For?’ Boomed in Sales After Oscars Win