Creature Commandos: David Harbour Teases DCU Live-Action Frankenstein

Forum 5 months ago

Creature Commandos: David Harbour Teases DCU Live-Action Frankenstein

During a recent appearance at the BoxLunch Holiday Gala, Stranger Things vet David Harbour opened up about playing Frankenstein in James Gunn’s highly-anticipated animated Max series Creature Commandos. He expressed how much he loves the idea of being able to play the same character in both animation and live-action.

“All I know is the scripts are really good. What we recorded is really great,” Harbour teased (via Comic Book Movie). “I’ve seen the art. James is a genius. I think it’s going to be really fun and really exciting, and it opens up a whole new door to the DC Universe of how these characters will occupy the world. I like the concept of a live-action and cartoon back and forth.”

As for Frankenstein’s eventual transition to live-action, Harbour doesn’t know if the DC Studios will decide to put him in a motion capture suit or if he’ll be wearing a full-on prosthetics suit to bring the iconic monster to life.

“I mean, I don’t know how they do it nowadays,” Harbour said. “It feels like Mark Ruffalo just puts some dots on his face for the Hulk. But I don’t know how they’ll do it. I’ve worn prosthetics in movies before, I’m definitely down for it. I just love telling great stories that people love. I’m just happy to get back to work.”

Who’s involved in Creature Commandos?

Creature Commandos is based on the DC Comics team created by J.M. DeMatteis and Pat Broderick. The 7-episode series will feature the voices of Frank Grillo as Rick Flag Sr., Indira Varma as Bride of Frankenstein, David Harbour as Eric Frankenstein, Maria Bakalova as Princess Ilana Rostovic, Alan Tudyk as Doctor Phosphorus, Zoë Chao as Nina Mazursky, Sean Gunn as G.I. Robot/ Weasel, and Steve Agee as John Economos, with Viola Davis reprising Amanda Waller in animated form.

The series is created and written by Gunn. The upcoming TV adaptation serves as the first series of the rebooted DC Universe, which will be part of its first phase called Chapter One: Gods and Monsters. It is executive produced by Gunn, Peter Safran, and Sam Register. Producers are Lisa Hallbauer, Kip Brown and Karina Benesh.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 14 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 14 hours ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 22 hours ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert