Whisper Me a Love Song Release Date Delayed

Forum 5 months ago

Whisper Me a Love Song Release Date Delayed

The much-anticipated anime adaptation of Eku Takeshima’s yuri manga Whisper Me a Love Song has dropped a new trailer with SSGIRLS’ “Humming Love” song playing in the background. Unfortunately, the upcoming series has suffered a three-month premiere delay.

Due to “various circumstances,” the forthcoming yuri anime will now begin its Japanese broadcast in April — a considerably long wait compared to its original January 2024 premiere date.

Apart from the release date, some staff changes also occurred, including Akira Mano (Ghost Hunt) repkacing Xinya Cai as director. On the other hand, CLOUDHEARTS — instead of supervising — is now credited with animation production alongside Yokohama Animation Lab.

You can watch the trailer below:

What is Whisper Me A Love Song about?

A fan-favorite LGBT-themed manga series, Whisper Me a Love Song follows high school freshman Himari who tells band vocalist Yori that she loves her voice. However, Yori misunderstood the whole “love” thing and has mistaken it for a romantic love confession.

“Bubbly, energetic first-year high school student Himari falls head over heels for her senpai Yori after hearing her band perform on the first day of school. Himari tells Yori she just loves her, and, to Himari’s surprise, Yori says she loves Himari back! But when Himari realizes that she and her senpai are feeling two different kinds of love, she begins to ask herself what “love” really means,” the synopsis reads.

The voice cast includes Mikako Komatsu as Aki Mizuguchi, Konomi Kohara as Mari Tsutsui, Ai Kakuma as Kaori Tachibana, Yuna Nemoto as Shiho Izumi, Kana Sasakura as Yori’s singing voice, and Sui Mizukami as Shiho’s singing voice.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 1 day ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 3 days ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+
Forum | 3 days ago

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+

Stream Release Date Revealed for New Horror From Terrifier 2 Team
Forum | 3 days ago

Stream Release Date Revealed for New Horror From Terrifier 2 Team