Wednesday Producer Explains Season 2 Production’s Move to Ireland

Forum 5 months ago

Wednesday Producer Explains Season 2 Production’s Move to Ireland

Speaking with Deadline, Wednesday executive producer Steve Stark opened up about the creative team’s decision to relocate the upcoming Season 2 production to Ireland, instead of returning to Romania where the first installment’s filming took place.

Even though Romania was “an amazing place to shoot creatively,” Stark and the team discovered during the Season 1 production that shooting in the said country was “challenging in a lot of ways.”

“London or Ireland were two choices,” Stark said. “The main reason for me was I shot 113 episodes of Vikings in Ireland. Love Ireland. We got an amazing deal at the same studio we shot Vikings in. Vikings is probably ending, so we moved back in there.”

What to expect in Wednesday Season 2?

Wednesday is a coming-of-age supernatural comedy starring Jenna Ortega as the titular lead along with Catherine Zeta-Jones as Morticia Addams, Luis Guzmán as Gomez Addams, Victor Dorobantu as Thing, Isaac Ordonez as Pugsley Addams, and George Burcea as Lurch. For Season 2, Ortega will also be returning as a producer. In a previous interview, she revealed that the next installment will focus more on the horror aspect, confirming that her character won’t have any love interest in Season 2.

“The series charts the titular heroine’s years as a student at the peculiar Nevermore Academy as she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability,” reads the synopsis, “While also thwarting a monstrous killing spree terrorizing the local town and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago — all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships of the strange and diverse student body.”

The series is executive produced and directed by Tim Burton (Beetlejuice, Corpse Bride) in his television directorial debut. Season 1 also starred Gwendoline Christie, Emma Myers, Hunter Doohan, Joy Sunday, Moosa Mostafa, Georgie Farmer, and Percy Hynes White. At the moment, it remains unknown if some of the first season cast members would also be returning, especially when the next installment will shift its focus from the Nevermore school to the Addams Family’s home. Season 1 also featured Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Christina Ricci as Marilyn Thornhill. Ricci famously portrayed Wednesday Addams in the early 90s.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS
Forum | 1 day ago

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS