Thunderbolts: Steven Yeun MCU Character Revealed by Invincible Creator

Forum 5 months ago

Thunderbolts: Steven Yeun MCU Character Revealed by Invincible Creator

During a recent interview, Invincible creator Robert Kirkman revealed who Steven Yeun will be playing in Marvel Studios’ highly-anticipated Thunderbolts.

Following circulating rumors about his character, it has been finally confirmed that the Oscar-nominated actor will be portraying the role of Sentry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s next superhero team-up movie. Kirkman wasn’t able to keep it secret due to an interesting connection between Sentry and Mark Grayson/Invincible, who’s the teen superhero that Yeun voices in the popular Prime Video animated series.

“My good friend Steven Yeun is playing the Sentry in a movie,” Kirkman said. “I don’t think this is a spoiler or anything that will get anybody in trouble. I don’t know. Maybe. We’ll see. I don’t care. I don’t work for Marvel. What are they gonna do to me? He called me and said, ‘I just came back from a costume fitting for the Sentry. I guess I only do superheroes that wear blue & yellow.'”

Who’s involved in the Thunderbolts?

The Thunderbolts will be directed by Jake Schreier from a screenplay written by Lee Sung Jin, based on the first draft by Eric Pearson. Schreier and Jin previously worked together in Netflix’s Beef series, which also starred Yeun.

The film will center around an unlikely team of mostly supervillains and antiheroes. It includes Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), Red Guardian (David Harbour), Ghost (Hannah Jon-Kamen), US Agent (Wyatt Russell), Taskmaster (Olga Kerleynko), Yelena Belova/Black Widow (Florence Pugh), and The Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan). It has also been confirmed that Harrison Ford will appear as Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross.

Production on the Thunderbolts was originally scheduled to begin last June. However, due to the SAG-AFTRA strike, it was one of the high-profile projects that got delayed. Now that the 118-day-long actors’ strike has ended, the Thunderbolts filming will likely start soon. The film is currently slated for a July 25, 2025 release.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 3 days ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 3 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Stream Release Date Revealed for New Horror From Terrifier 2 Team
Forum | 3 days ago

Stream Release Date Revealed for New Horror From Terrifier 2 Team