Christopher Nolan Says His Next Project Might Not Be ‘As Bleak’ as Oppenheimer

Forum 5 months ago

Christopher Nolan Says His Next Project Might Not Be ‘As Bleak’ as Oppenheimer

Christopher Nolan says that his next project may not be “as bleak” as 2023’s Oppenheimer.

Entertainment, Nolan was asked how he decompresses after making something as dark as Oppenheimer and if there’s a part of him that now wants to make something lighter, like a romantic comedy, for his next project.

“I definitely– part of me wants to leave the story behind,” Nolan answered. “I mean, you know, it’s a great privilege to be able to talk about a film that you’ve made that’s now going into the home and on 4k and Blu-ray and all the rest. It’s great to be able to sit here and talk to you about the success of the movie. That’s a huge privilege. But the subject matter is very dark. It’s nihilistic. And, yeah, there’s part of me that’s quite keen to move on and maybe do something, you know, not quite as bleak.”

What is Christopher Nolan planning for his next project?

Nolan hasn’t publicly announced what his next project will be; however, he’s spoken on the matter before following the release of Oppenheimer.

Earlier this month, Nolan told Variety, “Ideas come from everywhere. I’ve done a remake, I’ve made adaptations from comic books and novels, and I’ve written original screenplays. I’m open to anything. But as a writer and director, whatever I do, I have to feel like I own it completely. I have to make it original to me: The initial seed of an idea may come from elsewhere, but it has to go through my fingers on a keyboard and come out through my eyes alone.”

Written and directed by Nolan, Oppenheimer stars Cillian Murphy as J. Robert Oppenheimer. Emily Blunt, Robert Downey Jr., Matt Damon, Florence Pugh, and Josh Hartnett also star in the film, which releases on digital and physical media on November 21, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 4 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 4 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 4 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’