Big Little Lies Season 3 Teased by Nicole Kidman

Forum 5 months ago

Big Little Lies Season 3 Teased by Nicole Kidman

Based on Liane Moriarty’s 2014 novel, Big Little Lies debuted to critical acclaim and has won three Emmy Awards as of this writing. Originally billed as a limited series, the show’s massive success resulted in its Season 2 renewal. Now, the team behind the Max drama “will be bringing a third one,” according to executive producer Nicole Kidman.

While speaking at the CME Group Tour Championship Q&A event (via E! News), Kidman — who also starred in the series as Celeste Wright — shared that the opportunity to produce the show came at a time when she was already considering retirement.

“I loved Big Little Lies because it sort of came along at a time in my life when I had my children, and I was thinking I was going to retire, and then this situation came along, where Reese Witherspoon and I were able to produce that show. And then all of you watched it and made it a massive success,” said the actress, teasing, “We will be bringing you a third one, just FYI.”

Although Kidman has already teased Big Little Lies’ exciting future, Max has yet to confirm her announcement. It was also a surprise for fans of the show given previous cast comments presumably confirming that Big Little Lies Season 3 was definitely not happening.

Zoë Kravitz, who played Bonnie Carlson in the show, said in an interview with GQ that the show is done following the passing of Season 1 director Jean-Marc Vallée in 2021.

“We talked about doing a season three a lot. Unfortunately, Jean-Marc Vallée, our incredible director, passed away this last year. It’s heartbreaking. I can’t imagine going on without him. He really was the visionary for that show. Unfortunately, it’s done,” Kravitz told GQ.

Big Little Lies boasts a star-studded cast

Big Little Lies follows the lives of five wealthy women embroiled in a murder investigation. The synopsis reads: “The tale of three mothers of first graders whose apparently perfect lives unravel to the point of murder.”

Apart from Kidman and Kravitz, the show also stars Reese Witherspoon as Madeline Mackenzie, Shailene Woodley as Jane Chapman, and Laura Dern as Renata Klein. Additional cast members include Alexander Skarsgård as Perry Wright, Adam Scott as Ed Mackenzie, James Tupper as Nathan Carlson, Jeffrey Nordling as Gordon Klein, Kathryn Newton as Abigail Carlson, Iain Armitage as Ziggy Chapman, and Meryl Streep as Mary Louise Wright. Streep has joined the ensemble cast in Season 2, playing Perry Wright’s mother.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 18 hours ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 2 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 2 days ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob