Fargo Creator Noah Hawley Talks Future Seasons

Forum 5 months ago

Fargo Creator Noah Hawley Talks Future Seasons

Fargo creator Noah Hawley sheds light on future seasons of the popular FX crime anthology, telling Deadline: “I’d be lying if I said this is not the most fun I have in my year making this show.”

Hawley, speaking at the premiere of Fargo Season 5, continued: “I haven’t run out of ways to tell these stories, why wouldn’t I keep going?”

Executive producer Steve Stark agreed, even sharing some ideas about where the show could go next: “We’ve covered every decade except the ’60s and the ’90s. So maybe the ’60s and ’90s.”

Hawley added that the ’80s were also a possibility, jokingly saying: “We’ll do our Stranger Things crossover.”

What to know about Fargo Season 5

Fargo Season 5 takes place in 2019, beginning after “an unexpected series of events lands Dorothy ‘Dot’ Lyon (Juno Temple) in hot water with the authorities, this seemingly typical Midwestern housewife suddenly is plunged back into a life she thought she had left behind,” reads the official synopsis.

“North Dakota Sheriff Roy Tillman (Jon Hamm) has been searching for Dot for a long time. A rancher, preacher, and a constitutional lawman, Roy believes that he is the law and therefore is above the law. At his side is his loyal but feckless son, Gator (Joe Keery), who is desperate to prove himself to his larger-than-life father. Too bad he’s hopeless.”

Consisting of ten episodes, Fargo Season 5 debuts on FX on November 21. It’s also available on Hulu.

Along with Keery, Hamm, and Temple, the new season includes Jennifer Jason Leigh, Richa Moorjani, Lamorne Morris, Dave Foley, David Rysdahl, Sam Spruell, Jessica Pohly, and Nick Gomez.

Fargo is produced by Noah Hawley, who serves as showrunner, writer, and director, and his production company 26 Keys, as well as Warren Littlefield of The Littlefield Company.

Executive producers are Steve Stark, Kim Todd, and Joel and Ethan Coen. The series is produced by MGM Television and FX Productions, with MGM Television serving as the lead studio. It’s distributed internationally by Amazon & MGM Studios Distribution.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 2 days ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Steve Carrell Joins Netflix’s Four Seasons Cast Opposite Tina Fey
Forum | 4 days ago

Steve Carrell Joins Netflix’s Four Seasons Cast Opposite Tina Fey

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done
Forum | 1 week ago

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie