Xolo Maridueña Reflects on Cobra Kai Coming to an End

Forum 5 months ago

Xolo Maridueña Reflects on Cobra Kai Coming to an End

Xolo Maridueña recently reflected on Cobra Kai coming to an end in an interview with Collider. He shared that he’s not ready to say goodbye, as the sixth and final season of Netflix’s Emmy-nominated dojo drama is set to begin filming soon.

What did Xolo Maridueña say about Cobra Kai’s end?

“I feel so sad, bro,” the Blue Beetle star confessed. “I started the show when I was 16. We’re gonna finish, and I’m gonna be 23, and I’m like, ‘Wait, I still have so many years to keep hanging out with you guys!’ I had so much fun.”

Maridueña continued: “Cobra Kai taught me so much of what I love and know about acting. On camera and off-camera, the people, the relationships that I made on that show, are ones that I’ll remember for my whole life. So, I’m forever grateful for it, and I know it’s not gonna be the last time that we meet. I’m sure five years down the line we’ll do, like, ‘Cobra Kai Reunion’ or something.”

Despite the show’s conclusion, Cobra Kai’s creators have spoken about revisiting the world.

The show “takes place over 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament with the continuation of the inescapable conflict between Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio) and Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka),” according to the official logline.

Along with Maridueña, Macchio, and Zabka, the cast includes Courtney Henggeler (Amanda LaRusso), Tanner Buchanan (Robby Keene), Mary Mouser (Samantha LaRusso), Jacob Bertrand (Hawk), Gianni Decenzo (Demetri), Vanessa Rubio (Carmen), Peyton List (Tory) and Martin Kove (John Kreese) with Dallas Dupree Young (Kenny), Oona O’Brien (Devon), Griffin Santopietro (Anthony), Yuji Okumoto (Chozen), and Thomas Ian Griffith (Terry Silver).

Cobra Kai is written and executive produced by Josh Heald, Jon Hurwitz, and Hayden Schlossberg via their production company, Counterbalance Entertainment. Will Smith, James Lassiter, and Caleeb Pinkett executive produce for Westbrook Studios along with Susan Ekins in association with Sony Pictures Television. Macchio and Zabka also serve as executive producers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 4 days ago

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 1 week ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series

I
Forum | 1 week ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life