Paul Mescal Wants To Do a Rom-Com With Ayo Edebiri

Forum 5 months ago

Paul Mescal Wants To Do a Rom-Com With Ayo Edebiri

While doing press for latest film All of Us Strangers, Oscar nominee Paul Mescal was asked if he ever considered dabbling in the comedy genre for his next project, after starring in mostly drama films.

Speaking with Awards Watch, the Aftersun actor admitted that comedy “scares” him. However, after recently watching the acclaimed teen comedy Bottoms, Mescal says that he’s interested in potentially starring in a romantic comedy movie in the future with The Bear breakout Ayo Edebiri, who was one of the leads in Bottoms.

“Comedy scares me deeply because I think I saw Bottoms recently and I was in awe of how they do that,” Mescal said. “That’s one of those I leave the cinema and I’m incredibly jealous and brightened of everybody’s talents involved with that film. But I think in the next five years I’m going to set myself a challenge to do maybe like a rom-com with Ayo (Edebiri) or something like that would be cool.”

What is Bottoms about?

“A refreshingly unique raunchy comedy, the film focuses on two girls, PJ and Josie, who start a fight club as a way to lose their virginities to cheerleaders. Their bizarre plan works,” reads the synopsis. “The fight club gains traction and soon the most popular girls in school are beating each other up in the name of self-defense. But PJ and Josie find themselves in over their heads and in need of a way out before their plan is exposed.”

Bottoms was directed by Emma Seligman from a screenplay she co-wrote with Sennott. Besides Edebiri, the film also starred Rachel Sennott, Havana Rose Liu, Kaia Gerber, Nicholas Galitzine, with Dagmara Dominczyk and Marshawn Lynch. Following its theatrical release, it started receiving lots of positive reviews, with critics praising the Seligman’s direction and story. It currently holds a Certified Fresh rating of 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 201 reviews.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 19 hours ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried
Forum | 1 day ago

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 3 days ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover