Killers of the Flower Moon Writer Hired by Denis Villeneuve for Mystery Space Movie

Forum 5 months ago

Killers of the Flower Moon Writer Hired by Denis Villeneuve for Mystery Space Movie

Killers of the Flower Moon writer Eric Roth recently revealed that he has written a mysterious movie for Dune director Denis Villeneuve.

During a recent appearance on the “A Script Apart” podcast, Roth said that he isn’t sure what will happen with the project, but that “it’s about space and time,” and that the script was “very lonely.”

“I just wrote a movie for Denis Villeneuve,” Roth stated. “We’ll see what ends up happening with it, but it’s about space and time, and it’s very lonely. It’s certainly about eternity.”

In an email to World of Reel regarding the news, Roth wouldn’t answer whether or not the script was the rumored adaptation of Arthur C. Clarke’s Rendevous with Rama, which Villeneuve has been rumored to be working on for some time now.

“The title will have to remain a dark star for now. Suffice it to say at 78 I am trying to find some answers to the unanswerable,” said Roth in his response.

Villeneuve’s history with Rendevous with Rama

In late 2021, it was reported by THR that Villeneuve would be directing an adaptation of the story for Alcon Entertainment, which is financing the project. Rendezvous with Rama is a sci-fi novel from legendary writer Arthur C. Clarke that was released in 1973 and often heralded as one of his greatest books.

The story follows a group of human explorers who intercept an alien starship called the “Rama” and attempt to figure out its many mysteries. The novel won both the Hugo and Nebula awards upon its release.

In the early 2000s, Morgan Freeman expressed his desire to produce a film based on the book, and its been stuck in development ever since. The 2021 THR report notes that Freeman and Lori McCreary — both of whom previously held the rights to adapt the story — would be producing Villeneuve’s version.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Spacey Unmasked: Max Acquires U.S. Rights to Kevin Spacey Documentary
Forum | 4 hours ago

Spacey Unmasked: Max Acquires U.S. Rights to Kevin Spacey Documentary

Extraction 3 Gets a Promising Update From Writer Joe Russo
Forum | 5 hours ago

Extraction 3 Gets a Promising Update From Writer Joe Russo

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 2 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me