Beetlejuice 2: Tim Burton Announces Wrapped Production for Michael Keaton Sequel

Forum 4 months ago

Beetlejuice 2: Tim Burton Announces Wrapped Production for Michael Keaton Sequel

Beetlejuice 2 has wrapped production.

Tim Burton shared a photo on Instagram, taken from the set of the infamous waiting room, announcing that Beetlejuice 2 had completed filming. “Just finished shooting Beetlejuice,” Burton wrote. “Thank you to everyone involved.”

Check out Burton’s Instagram post below:

Beetlejuice 2 was nearly completed with principal photography when the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) strike began in July 2023. Burton told The Independent in September 2023, “I feel grateful we got what we got. Literally, it was a day and a half. We know what we have to do. It is 99 percent done.”

What do we know about Beetlejuice 2?

The upcoming Beetlejuice 2 serves as a sequel to 1988’s Beetlejuice, which was directed by Burton and starred Michael Keaton, Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Winona Ryder, and Catherine O’Hara. Beetlejuice was a financial hit for Warner Bros. at the time of its release, making $74.7 million at the worldwide box office off a budget of $15 million.

Keaton, Ryder, and O’Hara are all returning for the sequel, while Jenna Ortega is playing Ryder’s character’s daughter. Monica Bellucci, meanwhile, has been cast as Betelgeuse’s wife, and Willem Dafoe is playing a B-movie action star who died and became a detective in the afterlife. Additionally, Justin Theroux has been cast in an undisclosed role.

“On this last one, Beetlejuice 2, I really enjoyed it,” Burton said of the sequel. “I tried to strip everything and go back to the basics of working with good people and actors and puppets. It was kind of like going back to why I liked making movies.”

With a screenplay co-written by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, based on a story by Seth Grahame-Smith, Beetlejuice 2 is scheduled to release in United States theaters on September 6, 2024, from Warner Bros. Pictures.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
It
Forum | 23 hours ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live
Forum | 2 days ago

Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live

Severance Season 2 Wraps Production on Apple TV+ Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Severance Season 2 Wraps Production on Apple TV+ Series