Machete 3: Danny Trejo Gives Brief Update on Machete Kills in Space

Forum 4 months ago

Machete 3: Danny Trejo Gives Brief Update on Machete Kills in Space

Danny Trejo is still hoping a third Machete movie gets made.

Speaking with The A.V. Club in a recent interview posted on YouTube, Trejo was asked if there was an update he could provide regarding Machete 3, Machete Kills in Space (also known as Machete Kills Again… in Space).

“Please, text Robert Rodriguez,” Trejo said. “The world — I’ve been all over the world, and everybody is asking me about that. I think Robert got scared because I was just too good in it. I shined and [everybody] didn’t remember who the director was.”

What is Robert Rodrigeuz and Danny Trejo’s Machete franchise?

Machete began as a fake trailer that debuted as part of Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino’s Grindhouse double-feature from 2007. Rodriguez then developed the trailer into a feature film, Machete, which was released in 2010.

Trejo plays the titular character in Machete, which is also the name of the character he plays in Rodriguez’s Spy Kids franchise. Robert De Niro, Michelle Rodriguez, and Jessica Alba additionally starred in 2010’s Machete, which made $45.5 million at the global box office off of a budget of $10.5 million.

A sequel, Machete Kills, followed in 2013. While it featured performances from actors such as Lady Gaga, Antonio Banderas, Vanessa Hudgens, and Sofía Vergara, Machete Kills made significantly less at the box office, bringing in $17.5 million off a budget of $20 million.

Trailers promoting Machete Kills Again…In Space are included at both the beginning and end of Machete Kills. In March 2023, Rodriguez spoke to Deadline Hollywood about a potential third film, saying, “That’s why I put a fake trailer for [Machete 3] on Machete 2, to kind of satisfy [fans]. Okay, this is kind of what it looks like, you can see it in two minutes rather than two hours. It never satisfies them. It never satisfies them, so we have to do it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 1 day ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone