Barbie: Margot Robbie Reveals Which Improvised Line Made Her Laugh the Most

Forum 4 months ago

Barbie: Margot Robbie Reveals Which Improvised Line Made Her Laugh the Most

There’s no denying that Barbie was a big movie this past summer as it crossed the $1 billion mark. But another thing the Mattel movie successfully accomplished was being nonstop funny. Actors and crew on set also couldn’t help laughing at their own movie. Margot Robbie, who played the title role, reveals which improvised line made her laugh the most.

While audiences enjoyed Barbie in theaters, the movie’s cast and crew found it equally entertaining. During an interview with ET at the Gotham Awards, Margot Robbie spoke about an improvised line from her co-star, Ryan Gosling, that still makes her laugh to this day.

“The one that I always — It was one line that Ryan improvised on the day. When he yells out ‘sublime.’ I wasn’t prepared for that, that wasn’t in the script and to this day, that makes me laugh.”

Margot Robbie is referring to the scene when her character decides to reclaim Barbieland from the Kens by agreeing to be Ryan Gosling’s Ken’s “long-term, long-distance, low commitment casual girlfriend.” Concealing his excitement, Ken tells Barbie to briefly excuse himself as he steps into his “mojo dojo casa house.” Behind closed doors, we hear him victoriously yell, “Sublime!”

What Scene in Barbie Made Director Greta Gerwig Laugh?

Even directors filming laugh-out-loud comedies have their moments of uproarious laughter behind the camera too. A behind-the-scenes video from ET showed Greta Gerwig unable to control her laughter in the scene when Michael Cera’s Allan screams “No!” when he sees his best buddy, Ken, wipe out on his surfboard. Gerwig looked like she was on the verge of tears from laughing. I don’t blame her since it looked like an overdramatic Jaws reenactment.

If the cast and crew of Barbie couldn’t hold back their laughter filming certain scenes, it proves Barbie is a genuine comedy guaranteed to inspire laughter.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 23 hours ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 2 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star