MCU Blade Update Shared by Mahershala Ali, Encouraged by Progress

Forum 4 months ago

MCU Blade Update Shared by Mahershala Ali, Encouraged by Progress

Since it was officially announced in July 2019, Blade has experienced several production delays and shuffled through several writers and directors. However, things may finally be heading in the right direction for the famous vampire hunter. Mahershala Ali, who will star as Blade, shared an encouraging update on the MCU project.

“We’re working on it. That’s the best I could tell you,” Ali told Entertainment Weekly. “I’m really encouraged with the direction of the project. I think we’ll be back at it relatively soon.”

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige announced Ali’s involvement with Blade at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2019. In 2021, Bassam Tariq and Stacy Osei-Kuffour were hired to direct and write the film, respectively. Tariq eventually left the project in 2022, with Yann Demange taking over as director. Michael Starrbury and Nic Pizzolatto were brought in to rewrite the script. As of now, Michael Green is writing the project with Demange still on board to direct. Ali, however, remains unphased despite the numerous delays and changes.

“I’m sincerely encouraged in terms of where things are at and who’s on board and who’s leading the way as far as the writing of the script and the directing and all that,” Ali added. “So that’s the extent of what I can tell you.”

What to Expect in Blade?

Ali remains attached as the titular star of Blade. Mia Goth, the breakout star of X and Pearl, joined the project in April 2023. Goth is rumored to be playing the role of Lilith Drake, the daughter of Dracula.

Blade was scheduled to be released on November 3, 2023, before it was delayed to September 6, 2024. Blade will now be released in theaters on November 7, 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 22 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 2 days ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone