Weslandia: Kenny Ortega to Helm Action-Adventure Movie

Forum 4 months ago

Weslandia: Kenny Ortega to Helm Action-Adventure Movie

High School Musical and Hocus Pocus director Kenny Ortega has been tapped to direct the upcoming film adaptation of Paul Fleischman’s hit children’s book Weslandia. This comes after Radar Pictures and Bandits Roost have partnered together to develop the project, which is being described as a family action-adventure.

“I’m genuinely excited to announce my role as Director of the Weslandia film project,” Ortega said. “This project is right in my wheelhouse, blending heart, humor, wonder and magic – the elements I love most in storytelling and film. It’s a perfect opportunity for introducing fresh, breakout talent and creating a soundtrack that powerfully propels the narrative forward. I’m eagerly looking forward to the assembling of our creative team, and to bringing this vision to the screen!”

What to expect in the Weslandia movie?

The Weslandia movie is being written by Shawn deLoache (The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy). It is produced by Ted Field (Jumanji, the Riddick franchise), Anthony Tringali, Michael Napoliello, Maria Frisk, Cori Silberman and Michael Dovid.

“When tween-genius-loner Wes moves to his new home in Plainville, he thinks his life is going to be, well, plain! Little does he know he’s soon to be tangled up, literally, in a mysterious alien jungle growing in his backyard,” reads the synopsis. “But when the seemingly utopian civilization he creates as well as the entire town come under threat, Wes will have to do the unthinkable– band together with new friends to stop the evil supernatural forces from destroying everything he now holds dear.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 1 day ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed
Forum | 2 days ago

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’
Forum | 3 days ago

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller
Forum | 4 days ago

He Bled Neon: Rita Ora Joins Jack O’Connell and Joe Cole in Action Thriller