Rachel Zegler on Snow White’s CGI: ‘Most of That Day Was Spent Singing to Nothing’

Forum 4 months ago

Rachel Zegler on Snow White’s CGI: ‘Most of That Day Was Spent Singing to Nothing’

Rachel Zegler says that filming scenes with heavy CGI for the upcoming live-action Snow White remake was “really intense” and “so much fun.”

On Variety’s Actors on Actors, Zegler told The Little Mermaid’s Halle Bailey about what it was like filming the “Whistle While You Work” scene for Disney’s live-action Snow White remake she’s starring in.

“Most of that day was spent singing to nothing,” Zegler reflected. “I’m sure you also know how that can be. There was a lot of puppetry and CGI in post. It was really intense. There’s a lot of bloopers of me tossing a broom and letting it fall to the ground because that’s apparently how you toss things off to CGI characters. But it’s so much fun!”

Zegler also said of playing the role of Snow White, “This is an iconic thing that people really care about. I don’t want to mess this up for anybody, including myself. The writers and Marc Webb and our entire producing team…it’s a bit different story wise. We were able to do ‘Whistle While You Work,’ which made me really happy and excited. I was really nervous more about the technical element. That first-look image went out… and there’s a lot of CGI in the film.”

Who else is starring in Disney’s Snow White?

Directed by The Amazing Spider-Man’s Marc Webb, Disney’s Snow White is a remake of the 1937 animated film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. With a screenplay written by Greta Gerwig and Erin Cressida Wilson, the film also stars Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen, Andrew Burnap as Jonathan, Ansu Kabia as the Huntsman, and Martin Klebba as Grumpy.

Having been delayed because of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) strike, Disney’s Snow White is currently scheduled to release on March 21, 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher
Forum | 1 week ago

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher