Zachary Levi Talks Shazam’s DCU Future, What Team-Up He Wants

Forum 4 months ago

Zachary Levi Talks Shazam’s DCU Future, What Team-Up He Wants

Zachary Levi‘s future in the DC Universe is currently unknown, but if the actor had his way, he knows who he’d like to work with.

Speaking to ComicBook.com, Levi briefly touched on his role as Shazam in the DC Universe. That role that is mostly up in the air now, following the reboot that DC Studios co-CEOS James Gunn and Peter Safran have planned. Levi did note that he would love to return to the character if given the chance, though — and even had an actor that he’d love to work with.

“I would love to be able to do more iterations of it. I would love to collaborate with Nathan Fillion’s Green Lantern.”

Fillion was cast earlier this year in the upcoming Superman: Legacy, where he’ll play Guy Gardner, an incarnation of the Green Lantern that has become one of the more popular versions of the character.

Levi not happy with negative reviews of Shazam 2 this year

While it’s unclear what the future holds for Levi’s role in the DC Universe, the actor did take umbrage with negative reviews of Shazam: Fury of the Gods earlier this year.

In an episode of The FilmUp Podcast (via IGN), Levi, who plays Billy Batson/Shazam, commented on the response.

“The first one did well enough where they said, ‘Hey, let’s look into making a second one.’ And then they pitched me the idea on it. I thought it was really fun,” Levi recalled. “I really enjoyed making that movie, and I really enjoyed playing that part. I don’t know what the future holds for it all because, unfortunately, the second movie was not as well received. The audience score is still quite good, but the critics’ score was very oddly and perplexingly low, and people were insanely unkind.”

“I’ve been a part of things, and as much as I wish they were good, I know they’re okay,” he shared. “I know that they miss a lot. And I’m not saying Shazam: Fury of the Gods is some perfect… Orson Welles-like masterpiece, but it’s a good darn movie.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 13 hours ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 5 days ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police
Forum | 5 days ago

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police