Barry Keoghan Teases Joker’s Return in The Batman Part II

Forum 4 months ago

Barry Keoghan Teases Joker’s Return in The Batman Part II

Barry Keoghan teases Joker’s return in The Batman Part II, hinting that he might reprise his role in an interview with CTV’s Etalk.

“I can’t really say anything about that, my man,” the Oscar nominee initially responds. “But um, you know, it would be exciting, wouldn’t it? To see the Joker come to life again? My smile says it all, you know what I mean.”

Keoghan made a cameo in 2022’s The Batman, appearing in a brief scene with Paul Dano’s Riddler. Keoghan is credited as “Unseen Arkham Prisoner”, though there have been rumors that Keoghan could debut as Joker in the upcoming Batman sequel.

Keoghan, an Oscar nominee for his supporting role in The Banshees of Inisherin, is once again generating awards buzz for his leading performance in Saltburn. He’ll next be seen in the Apple TV+ limited series Masters of the Air, which debuts January 26.

What’s the latest on The Batman Part II?

In the latest update on the highly-anticipated follow-up, filming for The Batman: Part II was reportedly delayed to March 2024. Lead star Robert Pattinson is set to reprise the titular role, with Matt Reeves returning to direct. Mattson Tomlin is also coming back to co-write the script with Reeves. The release date is currently set for October 3, 2025.

The Batman also starred Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, Jeffrey Wright as GCPD’s James Gordon, John Turturro as Carmine Falcone, Peter Sarsgaard as Gotham D.A. Gil Colson, Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth, and Colin Ferrell as Oswald Cobblepot/ Penguin. It reached more than $770 million at the box office, becoming the seventh-highest-grossing film of 2022 and earned positive reviews.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Bridget Jones 4: Hugh Grant Teases Sequel’s ‘Very Moving’ Plot
Forum | 3 days ago

Bridget Jones 4: Hugh Grant Teases Sequel’s ‘Very Moving’ Plot

The Last of Us Season 2: Isabela Merced Teases Ellie & Dina’s Chemistry
Forum | 4 days ago

The Last of Us Season 2: Isabela Merced Teases Ellie & Dina’s Chemistry