2024 Emmy Awards Host Revealed for the Delayed Awards Show

Forum 4 months ago

2024 Emmy Awards Host Revealed for the Delayed Awards Show

The host of the 2024 Emmy Awards show has been revealed, and it’s someone with plenty of experience in television.

Black-ish star Anthony Anderson is set to host the live show in Los Angeles’ Peacock Theater when it takes place on Monday, January 15, 2024. Beyond his acting experience, Anderson is also no stranger to hosting, having served as the host of the NAACP Image Awards from 2014 to 2022.

“With our industry’s recent challenges behind us, we can get back to what we love — dressing up and honoring ourselves. And there’s no better celebratory moment to bring the creative community together than the milestone 75th Emmy Awards,” Anderson said in a statement (via The Emmys). “When Fox asked me to host this historic telecast, I was over the moon that Taylor Swift was unavailable, and now I can’t wait to be part of the biggest night in television.”

“Anthony is a multi-talented performer and a great friend to the Television Academy,” Academy chair Frank Scherma said in a statement of his own. “We are thrilled that he is hosting what promises to be a rich celebration of the year’s outstanding television, as well as 75 years of Emmys excellence!”

Why were the 2024 Emmy Awards delayed?

The 75th Emmy Awards were originally meant to take place on September 18, 2023. As a result of the then-ongoing WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes, the ceremony was announced to be delayed around the end of July, with the January date being revealed later.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 1 day ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

Stream Release Date Revealed for New Horror From Terrifier 2 Team
Forum | 2 days ago

Stream Release Date Revealed for New Horror From Terrifier 2 Team

Furiosa MPA Rating Revealed for Mad Max Prequel
Forum | 3 days ago

Furiosa MPA Rating Revealed for Mad Max Prequel