Smile 2: Naomi Scott to Star in Horror Sequel

Forum 4 months ago

Smile 2: Naomi Scott to Star in Horror Sequel

Smile 2 has added to its cast, with Deadline reporting that Naomi Scott is set to star in the upcoming horror sequel.

Currently, it’s unclear just what Scott’s role in the untitled sequel will be. The actress is best known for her role in the live-action Aladdin film, which propelled her into stardom.

Following that, she also starred in the 2019 Charlie’s Angels remake, and will next star in David Michôd‘s highly A24 film Wizards!, as well as in the sci-fi film Distant from Josh Gordon and Will Speck.

Has Smile 2 Been Revealed?

While not too much is known about Smile 2, its release date has been set for October 18, 2024. The original film grossed over $217 million worldwide and brought in $105 million domestically. Director Parker Finn will continue.

Finn told ComingSoon about the potential of a sequel in an interview last year.

“Never in a million years did I think that people were going to be asking me for another one of these movies, which is amazing! I think there’s a lot of exciting stuff that could be done in the world of Smile. There’s are a lot of corners that I purposely left unexplored and things that I wish I could have done in the first one, but there just wasn’t room to do,” said Finn.

Smile was written and directed by Parker Finn. It stars Sosie Bacon, Jessie T. Usher, Kyle Gallner, Caitlin Stasey, Kal Penn, and Rob Morgan. The film will be available digitally on November 15 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

“After witnessing a bizarre, traumatic incident involving a patient, Dr. Rose Cotter starts experiencing frightening occurrences that she can’t explain,” reads the first film’s synopsis. “As an overwhelming terror begins taking over her life, Rose must confront her troubling past in order to survive and escape her horrifying new reality.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama