Jason Momoa on His Future as Aquaman in the DCU: ‘It’s Not Looking Too Good’

Forum 4 months ago

Jason Momoa on His Future as Aquaman in the DCU: ‘It’s Not Looking Too Good’

Jason Momoa‘s future as Aquaman in the DC Universe is still up in the air, but according to the actor, he thinks he may have stepped into the role for the last time.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, Momoa spoke briefly about his Aquaman future and noted that, while he might not want his time with the character to be done, it’s not necessarily up to him.

“I don’t necessarily want it to be the end . . . [but] I don’t think it’s really, like, a choice,” Momoa said. “The truth of it is, I mean, if the audience loves it, then there’s a possibility. But right now, I’m like, ‘It’s not looking too good.'”

Momoa went on to say that he loves the character of Aquaman and wants to play him for a long time, but that it’s up to how people receive his upcoming Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom film.

“I love this character and [I would want to] play it for a long time,” said Momoa. “I kind of see where I would want it to go. And even in the next 10 years or so, like there’s a lot of cool things they can do. And I do enjoy the role and the world. So, I mean, it just comes down to if people love it.”

What do we know about Momoa’s future in the DCU?

For months, rumors of Momoa potentially leaving the DC Universe or even switching up roles and stepping down as Aquaman to play Lobo have been floating around. DC Studios co-head Peter Safran spoke about Momoa’s future earlier this year, saying that he expects Momoa will have a place in the DCU “for many years to come,” whether it be as Aquaman or someone else.

Momoa himself also hinted at a possible shake-up at the beginning of the year, saying that he would “always be” Aquaman, but may play other characters in the future. He also confirmed that he had met with Warner Bros. Discovery and had “great news” to share at some point.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien
Forum | 2 days ago

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 4 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani