Wednesday Spin-off Starring Uncle Fester Confirmed to Be in Early Development

Forum 4 months ago

Wednesday Spin-off Starring Uncle Fester Confirmed to Be in Early Development

Deadline has confirmed that a Wednesday spin-off starring Uncle Fester Addams is in early development at Netflix.

On December 17, 2023, Bloomberg reported that Netflix was discussing plans for a Wednesday spin-off show centered around the character of Uncle Fester, who is played in the 2022 series by Fred Armisen.

Deadline has now confirmed the spin-off series is in “early development” at Netflix from MGM Television, though further details remain under wraps at this time.

Created by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, Wednesday debuted on Netflix in November 2022. Starring Jenna Ortega as the titular character, the series is executive-produced and directed by Tim Burton. Gwendoline Christie, Riki Lindhome, Jamie McShane, Hunter Doohan, Percy Hynes White, and Emma Myers additional starred in Wednesday Season 1.

“The series charts the titular heroine’s years as a student at the peculiar Nevermore Academy as she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability,” reads the synopsis, “While also thwarting a monstrous killing spree terrorizing the local town and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago — all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships of the strange and diverse student body.”

Wednesday Season 2 is also in development at Netflix

A second season of Wednesday is also currently in development. According to a November 2023 report from Deadline, the new season is expected to begin production in late April 2024.

“A character like Wednesday, who is so beloved and such a legend, I just really didn’t want to get her wrong. So I try to have as many conversations as possible,” Ortega previously said of the upcoming season when speaking with Elle Fanning on Variety’s Actors on Actors. “On set, with the writers and Tim [Burton], we all would get together and decide, ‘Okay, what works and what doesn’t?’ It was naturally already very collaborative. So in preparation for a second season, we wanted to get ahead of the curve and make sure that we could start the conversations earlier,” she continued. “And I’m just so curious. I want to see the outfits, new characters that are coming in, scripts, and they were gracious enough to let me put the producer hat on.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 2 days ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series

Blink Twice Trailer Previews Zoë Kravitz’s Directorial Debut Thriller Movie Starring Channing Tatum
Forum | 4 days ago

Blink Twice Trailer Previews Zoë Kravitz’s Directorial Debut Thriller Movie Starring Channing Tatum

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State
Forum | 4 days ago

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State