Peter Safran Gives Update on Jason Momoa’s DCU Future

Forum 4 months ago

Peter Safran Gives Update on Jason Momoa’s DCU Future

As Jason Momoa continues to hint that his time as Aquaman may be done, DC Studios co-CEO Peter Safran says that the actor will always have a home in the DC Universe.

In an interview with The Independent, Safran was asked about Momoa, and said that “we’ll see” what happens with his role as Aquaman in the DCU. However, Safran kept the door open for future roles, noting that Momoa always had a home at Warner Bros. Discovery.

“We’ll see what happens with him beyond it. I know that Jason will always have a home at DC, and at Warner Bros. In fact, his next movie is Minecraft,” said Safran, while also noting that “If it’s the end of the journey, fine. If it goes on, that’s also fine. What I hope is that people will really be here to support him on this journey.”

Safran’s comments come just a few days after Momoa seemed to be saying goodbye to the character during a fan event on Monday at The Grove in Los Angeles. Prior to a fan screening of the film, Momoa said that it might be the “last time” he and director James Wan are on stage.

Earlier this month, Momoa also acknowledged that it wasn’t “looking too good” when asked about his future as Aquaman. Despite that, though, rumors and reports still suggest Momoa will remain in the DCU, just as a different character.

What do we know about Momoa’s future in the DCU?

For months, rumors of Momoa potentially leaving the DC Universe or even switching up roles and stepping down as Aquaman to play Lobo have been floating around. DC Studios co-head Peter Safran spoke about Momoa’s future earlier this year, saying that he expects Momoa will have a place in the DCU “for many years to come,” whether it be as Aquaman or someone else.

Momoa himself also hinted at a possible shake-up at the beginning of the year, saying that he would “always be” Aquaman, but may play other characters in the future. He also confirmed that he had met with Warner Bros. Discovery and had “great news” to share at some point.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 2 days ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone