Barry Keoghan on Saltburn’s Risqué Nude Scene: ‘It Totally Felt Right

Forum 3 months ago

Barry Keoghan on Saltburn’s Risqué Nude Scene: ‘It Totally Felt Right

Barry Keoghan is opening up about the risqué nude scene at the very end of 2023’s Saltburn.

Directed by Emerald Fennell, Saltburn ends with Barry Keoghan’s Oliver Quick dancing around the Catton family’s empty mansion while naked to the tune of “Murder on the Dancefloor.”

Speaking with Deadline, Keoghan admitted he was a little nervous about filming the scene at first; however, it only took him one take to fully commit to the bit.

“The initial thing was about me having no clothes on. I’m a bit, ehhh,” Keoghan said. “But after take one, I was ready to go. I was like, ‘Let’s go again. Let’s go again.’ You kind of forget, because there’s such a comfortable environment created, and it gives you that license to go, ‘All right, this is about the story now.’”

He added, “It totally felt right. It’s ownership. This is my place. It’s full confidence in, ‘I can do what I want in this manor. I can strip to my barest and waltz around because this is mine.’ Yeah… it was fun.”

According to Fennell, Keoghan shot the final Saltburn scene 11 different times, even though it was “technically perfect” after the seventh take. “Barry, to his credit, did it four more times until the one that you see, which has this total f***ing evil joie de vivre that is impossible not to be on board with,” she said.

What is Saltburn about?

“Academy Award-winning filmmaker Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman) brings us a beautifully wicked tale of privilege and desire,” the official synopsis reads. “Struggling to find his place at Oxford University, student Oliver Quick (Barry Keoghan) finds himself drawn into the world of the charming and aristocratic Felix Catton (Jacob Elordi), who invites him to Saltburn, his eccentric family’s sprawling estate, for a summer never to be forgotten.”

Saltburn is currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’
Forum | 1 week ago

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’

Video Shows Scene Where Junior Pope Parked His Car Moments Before Tragic Boat Accident
Forum | 1 week ago

Video Shows Scene Where Junior Pope Parked His Car Moments Before Tragic Boat Accident

Curb Your Enthusiasm Series Finale: Susie Essman Reveals the Final Scene To Be Shot
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Curb Your Enthusiasm Series Finale: Susie Essman Reveals the Final Scene To Be Shot

Heat 2’s Michael Mann Gives Script and Casting Update, Will Start Right Where First Movie Ends
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Heat 2’s Michael Mann Gives Script and Casting Update, Will Start Right Where First Movie Ends